Who we are
Our website address is: http://suziebpiano.co.uk.
Suzie B Piano (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.suziebpiano.co.uk (our site) you are accepting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Suzanne Blundell
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you sign up to a newsletter and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and/or services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so including our online account;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them;
- to ask you for feedback about your experiences with us;
- to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about services offered by us unless you have previously asked us not to do so;
- to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- for statistical analysis
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including emails) for quality assurance and compliance reasons.
- Where you give us information on behalf of someone else (i.e home address, name etc), you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in these provisions and that they have not objected to such use of their personal information.
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Disclosure of your information
We promise not to share your information with Third parties apart from
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other relevant or related organisations and/or companies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
GDPR gives you the right to access or amend information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. A request for personal information is free unless the request is deemed to be of an excessive nature. Any multiple or excessive access request may be subject to a reasonable fee per additional request to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.